Saturday, July 18, 2009

Movie Review: Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince


I have seen the rest of the Harry Potter movies and the Half-Blood Prince is one of the darkest in the 7 books. Harry, Ron and Hermione are now grown ups. Even Ginny Weasley. I love the special effects in the movie, it made it more real, like you really are in the Wizard world.

The cast did a great job, as always. Michael Gambon as Dumbledore was always convincing and is just perfect as the Headmaster, Alan Rickman as Snape, portrayed to perfection, and Daniel Radcliffe as Harry Potter, always and forever is perfect.

I enjoyed watching the movie, not only does it posses the darkness but it also had its natural comedic scenes and teenage love. People were all reacting to the Ron-Hermione affair. Obviously, the cinema was full of Harry Potter fanatics. Ron was always funny and I was one of those who laughed so loud! Ginny is now a lady, a pretty one as a matter of fact, her affection for Harry was all over the place and people just cannot help but giggle. Harry Potter has always been the same as he was except that I want him taller instead, more like a man by now. I also love the part where Harry drank the Felix Felicis potion, or also known as the "Liquid Luck" potion. He was extremely high on it and his face was really funny! I can't help laughing!

Dumbledore's death was tragic, just as it was on the book. I shed a tear even though I knew what was about to unfold. It was just painful to see how Dumbledore died. However, some of the fight scenes weren't included and they skipped the funeral of Dumbledore in the movie. I guess it was just hard to capture how J.K. Rowling made it. With all the white tomb, and with the solemnity of it. I think it would have been better if they included it in the film, or it's just me.

Overall, I think the movie was a good one. Although some parts were missing, I still enjoyed the movie because I am just addicted to Harry Potter and even if you haven't read the book, I still think it was a great film. I can't wait for the Deathly Hallows and hopefully they give an incredible finale.=D

No comments: